New year, new me! Yes, I’m living the biggest cliche of them all. Going cold turkey on refined sugar as a new years resolution. The struggle is real you guys and to make it a bit more bearable I decided to make these little balls of energy munch on in the evening.
They are so easy to make and last at least a week if you store them in a jar with a lid in the fridge. You can even store them in the freezer, but if you love chocolate as much as me you will have no problem finishing them before the expiration date.
- 8-10 dates
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 1 dl oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch ceylon cinnamon
- Stevia flavoured drops (I used English toffee)
- Shredded coconut
Put the dates in warm water for a while before chopping them up to make them less sticky. Wash your hands properly cause this is a hands on operation.
- Mix the coconut oil, almond butter, cocoa, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and stevia drops to a smooth chocolate stir.
- Add chia, oatmeal and dates. Stir until it is properly mixed together.
- Leave the whole shebang in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Use a tablespoon to get the “right” amount and roll little balls with your hands.
- For the finishing touch – roll them a second time in shredded coconut.
Depending on how sweet you prefer your chocolate balls feel free to experiment with more or less stevia drops. I really like the salty flavour and sometimes add some salt with shredded coconut to give it a final touch.